Billie Eilish opens up about backlash over her look, style choices

Billie Eilish opens up about backlash over her look, style choices

Billy Eilish is opening up concerning the judgment she faces over her look.

The 18-year-old, who usually dons loose-fitting garments to maintain her physique out of the highlight, spoke to Dazed Magazine concerning the reactions she has obtained when she’s strayed from her ordinary type.

Eilish recalled a viral picture of her in a white tank prime from June of 2019. The image gained the eye of trolls commenting on the highest’s tight match and Eilish’s physique.

“I noticed feedback like, ‘How dare she discuss not eager to be (sexualized) and put on this?!’” she mentioned within the article, printed Thursday.

She additionally spoke concerning the consideration she obtained in January, when she posted photographs and movies to Instagram of herself in a swimsuit.
“It was trending,” she mentioned. “There have been feedback like, ‘I don’t like her any extra as a result of as quickly as she turns 18 she’s a whore.’ Like, dude. I can’t win. I can-not win.”

In a Might 2019 advert for Calvin Klein, the “unhealthy man” singer revealed she wears large garments on objective to forestall others from physique shaming her.
Eilish additionally opened as much as Dazed about how she, too, has prevented taking a look at herself.

“There was some extent final yr the place I used to be bare and I didn’t (acknowledge) my physique ’cos I hadn’t seen it shortly,” she mentioned. “I might see it generally and be like, ‘Whose physique is that?’”
She added: “It’s not that I like (my physique) now, I simply assume I’m a bit extra OK with it.”

Although usually pegged as a insurgent, Eilish says her type isn’t meant as backlash towards something — she simply wears what she needs to put on.

However the world doesn’t at all times see it that manner.

“If I wore a gown to one thing, I might be hated for it,” she mentioned. “Individuals can be like, ‘You’ve modified, how dare you do what you’ve at all times rebelled towards?’ I’m like, ‘I’m not rebelling towards something, actually.’ I can’t stress it sufficient. I’m simply carrying what I wanna put on. If there’s a day once I’m like, ‘You realize what, I really feel snug with my stomach proper now, and I wanna present my stomach,’ I must be allowed to do this.”

Contributing: Sara M Moniuszko
Learn extra at usatoday.com
Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts